Backup Critical Console Data :
The Backup Critical Console Data task is used to back up the HMC configuration and profile data to the formatted DVD-RAM media. The backup DVD-ROM media is used only when recovering the HMC from the software or hardware problem. The following data is included in the backup DVD-RAM media:
- User configuration
- User preferences, including each user’s home directory
- HMC configuration files that record the following customizing:
- Rexec/ssh facility setting
- Remote virtual terminal setting
- Time zone setting
- HMC log files located in the /var/log directory
- Service functions settings, such as Inventory Scout, Service Agent, and Service Focal Point
- Partition profile data backup
Procedure to automate Critical Console Data backup :
You can automate the Backup Critical Console Data task using the HMC scheduler. Unless you plan on rotating the DVD media, only the most-recent backup image will be on the DVD. To schedule the Backup Critical Console Data task, do the following:
- In the Navigation area, expand the HMC Management folder.
- In the Navigation area, click the HMC Configuration icon.
- In the Contents area, click Schedule Operations.
- From the list, select the HMC you want to back up and click OK.
- Select Options > New.
- In the Add a Scheduled Operation window, select Backup Critical Console Data and click OK.
- In the appropriate fields, enter the time and date that you want this backup to occur.
- Click the Repeat tab and select the intervals at which you want the backup to repeat and press Enter.
- When you have set the backup time and date, click Save. When the Action Completed window opens, click OK. A description of the operation displays in the Scheduled Operations window