Tuesday, April 19, 2011

AIX Commands

To display if the kernel is 32-bit enabled or 64-bit enabled: bootinfo –k

How do I know if I am running a uniprocessor kernel or a multiprocessor kernel: ls –l /unix

The /dev/hdiskxx directory is where the boot logical volume /dev/hd5 is located : lslv –m hd5

How would I know if my machine is capable of running AIX 5L Version 5.3: AIX 5L Version 5.3 runs on all currently supported CHRP (Common Hardware Reference Platform)-based POWER hardware.

How would I know if my machine is CHRP-based: Run the prtconf command. If it's a CHRP machine, the string chrp appears on the Model Architecture line.
To display if the hardware is 32-bit or 64-bit, type: bootinfo –y

How much real memory does my machine have: bootinfo –r, lsattr –El sys0 –a realmem

To display the number of processors on your system: lscfg |grep proc

Detailed configuration of my system: lscfg –p(platform specific device information) –v(VPD)

Displays the chip type of the system. For example, PowerPC: uname –p

Displays the release number of the operating system: uname –r

Displays the system name. For example, AIX: uname –s

Displays the name of the node: uname –n

Displays the system name, nodename, version, machine ID.: uname –a

Displays the system model name. For example, IBM, 9114-275: uname –M

Displays the operating system version.: uname –v

Displays the machine ID number of the hardware running the system: uname –m

Displays the system ID number: uname –u

What version, release, and maintenance level of AIX is running on my system: oslevel –r

To determine which fileset updates are missing from 5300-04, for example, run the following command:
oslevel –rl 5300-04

What SP (Service Pack) is installed on my system? Oslevel –s

information about installed filesets on my system: lslpp –l

To show bos.acct contains /usr/bin/vmstat: lslpp –w /usr/bin/vmstat or which_fileset vmstat

To show which filesets need to be installed or corrected: lppchk –v

How do I get a dump of the header of the loader section and the symbol entries in symbolic representation: dump –Htv

To find out wheteher a hard drive is bootable: ipl_varyon -i

How do I replace a disk?
1. #extendvg VolumeGroupName hdisk_new

2. #migratepv hdisk_bad hdisk_new

3. #reducevg -d VolumeGroupName hdisk_bad

How can I clone (make a copy of ) the rootvg: alt_disk_copy -d hdisk1

How do I identify the network interfaces on my server: lsdev –Cc if

To get information about one specific network interface: ifconfig tr0

No comments:

Post a Comment